Shadowing Program Information
LRCHS Shadowing for the 2016-17 school year will end Feb. 9, 2017. If you have questions or need to speak to someone, please contact Brenda Bankston at
501-447-1603 or email at email@example.com. Please see information
below about shadowing.
LRCHS offers shadowing opportunities for students who are transitioning from middle school to high school (8th to 9th grade). Student may choose to spend the day with a current student. Potential students will attend classes and observe programs. Shadowing requests are handled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Families may download the application and email it, or use the Google form to submit online. For more information, please contact Brenda Bankston, Assistant Principal of Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501-447-1603.
- Students should complete an application at least a week prior to requested date.
- Students arrive at LRCHS at 8:30 a.m. and should report to the auditorium, which is directly across from the main office.
- Students should pack a snack or lunch, or bring money to purchase food as both lunches take place before noon.
- LRCHS students are allowed to carry cell phones but electronic devices should be turned off and cannot be used in class without permission. Shadowing students may contact parents after they return to the assistant principal’s office on the second floor.
- All public school students must return to their home campus in the afternoon. Shadowing ends at 12:30 p.m.
- Private school students may remain on campus until 3:30 p.m. School ends at 3:50 p.m. so parking may become an issue after 3:30 p.m.
Families who want to tour LRCHS must make an appointment. Please follow the link below to schedule an appointment. All appointments will be confirmed prior to the scheduled tour. Before scheduling a tour, please see information below about upcoming events.
LRCHS Tours Link
Check Us Out Tours
LRSD is hosting its annual “Check Us Out” tours October 10-12, 2016. Central High School will offer ongoing tours from 9:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. each day. Tour guides will be available on the 2nd floor, just inside the lobby of the main entrance. Counselors will be available on an “on-call basis” to answer questions.
Recruitment Open House
LRCHS will host a recruitment open house for incoming families Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 7 p.m. Families will have an opportunity to meet teachers and staff, and get information about courses, clubs, organizations, and sports teams.
Recruitment Open House will begin promptly at 7 p.m. in the second floor auditorium.
LRSD has scheduled Open Enrollment for December 5-16, 2016. Families must contact Student Assignment to complete this process. Student Assignment is located at 501 Sherman Street. The phone number is 501-447-2950.
School assignments are scheduled to be mailed February 17, 2017.